Saturday, October 27, 2012

We're Celebrating Barb's Birthday!!

I had the wonderful good fortune to meet the adorable Barb Engler last month at Scrapfest. She is every bit as delightful in person as she is online, maybe even more so. I didn't have nearly enough time to chat with her during the busy weekend but I have the feeling that our friendship will continue to grow.


This lovely woman is celebrating a birthday today so some of the Hero Hostess alumni (headed up by Virginia) are staging a little blog hop in her honor. Barb, I hope you are surprised and delighted!

I wanted to make a really special card to send to Barb, here's what I came up with:


I think it's bold and cheerful, just like our birthday girl! Happy Birthday to you, Sweet Friend!



InLinkz.com

Here is the list of the birthday celebration blogs:

Nancy- you are here!

You can join in the birthday celebration by linking your card at Virginia's blog.

Here's a pic of the Hero Hostess Alumni who were able to gather at Scrapfest this September. It was Barb's idea to get us all together for a photo....



Be sure to drop by Barb's blog to share your birthday wishes with her!
blessings,
nancy




16 comments:

  1. A very pretty card Nancy. Barb is going to be very surprised with this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! I am sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your woven background, Nancy - that Basic Grey paper looks amazing that way! Fun birthday cake from Lawn Fawn too! Such fun hopping with you, dear Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I truly AM delighted - and quite surprised too, Nancy! You are all very special to me! I love this fantastic card! That woven background looks amazing! Thank you, Nancy! You have all made my day even better! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heehee! See? I told you that Barb would LOVE this! Your card is absolutely outstanding! I love the paper weaving background and the design is superb! HUGS to you, Nancy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is outstanding! I really have to try that quilting technique. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, Nancy! So pleased to be sharing this hop with you, and I know it touched Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this cheerful card, Nancy! Fun doing a blog hop with Hosti!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this bright and cheery card Nancy! Reminds me of Barb for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card Nancy!! Those colors are yummy! I think this photo is my favorite of all of us! How fun it was to meet you and the sistahs! Love how we managed to surprise our girl! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cheerful card as I'm sure Barb will. How sweet of all of you to do this for her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card!!! Such a pretty background :) Happy Belated Birthday to the super sweet Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy, what a beautiful card! Love the FUN design and bright colors! Barb will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nancy, beautiful card--love your design and fun colors. Barb will love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous card! Love the quilted background--did you do that yourself?--and the whimsical cake, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!