Thursday, October 25, 2012

Guess What? It's Day Five Already

I have always been a fan of American folk art. How happy was I to find that this adorable partridge in a pear tree set lends itself quite nicely to this style.

Here's my attempt at a folk art card:

I love how the Soft Granite ink looks with yellow!
I made this card with only plain cardstock; white, black and kraft. I added color to the scallops with a Faber-Castell Big Brush Marker in Dark Chrome Yellow. I colored the pears with it as well before adding some Glossy Accents for shine. This card is the first one for my class in November.




We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, 
progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; 
in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive. 
CS Lewis

blessings,
nancy

If you are enjoying my week of CS Lewis quotes you can find more at Brainy Quote

14 comments:

  1. OH, your card is just beautiful Nancy!! Love this one! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what your doing with this partridge stamp! WOW! I also so love the soft grey with the yellow! Try it with teal next time it looks good too! I think you truly got the folk art feel but modern, really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this color scheme and the folk art style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! This is so darling! Love how you heat embossed the top and bottom borders, and the highlighted and glossy accented pears are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!!! This is STUNNING!!!!!! I LOVEEEE this card!!!!!! So beautiful and classy!!!!!! I really need to get me this stamp set!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect stamp for the folk art style and I love the yellow and gray. Love the glossy pears too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is my favorite of them all, Nanc! LOVE the yellow! Sure has been a joy seeing your cards with this cute stamp! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nancy this is beautiful and one of my all time favourite colour comobos..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I think you "aced" the folk art style with this! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love that quote, Nancy. Your "attempt" at folk art is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this one has just become my favourite of all of them. Love the yellow pears and the gloss on them Nancy. Another beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one might just be my favorite of the week :) Love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, love your colour choice with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card and really love this color combo Nancy. It looks so "professional" really!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!