Thursday, April 12, 2012

Longing for Summer

I must be longing for summer because I've been grabbing beachy and sunshine-y stamps to play with today. I visited Lin's blog today and saw that she entered the Flourishes Noon-Time Challenge: Book Worm Challenge. Well I have some Flourishes stamp sets that needed some play time and I love reading so why not give it a go.

So here's my bookmark that depicts the perfect spot to lounge and read a book:


The stamp is from the Beach Life stamp set. The background is a Cotton Candy Gelato blended across the top 3 quarters, and I added Soft Sand Shadow ink directly to the paper leaving a bit of white showing. Distress markers add some color to the image and Tiny Type stickers spell out the simple message.



Here's a card I threw together with pieces that weren't used on other projects. The sentiment had been stamped on Sticky Back canvas and left stuck to my desk until I had some inspiration. So I added it to the stamped background, machine stitched it down, added Lawn Trimmings twine and voila, quick and easy.

InLinkz.com



thanks for dropping by!
blessings,
nancy


12 comments:

  1. Nancy your bookmark design is so smart! The other card is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I should say that hammock is most definitely the perfect place to pick up a good book! Fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bookmark! The card is beautiful - love that background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the PERFECT bookmark! Love this relaxing scene you created, Nancy. And your card turned out so nice, too - love how the canvas looks on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, I love the way you've colored the ocean and sand on your beautiful bookmark! That is the exact spot I would choose to relax and read a book! Love your pretty card too! The sentiment looks fabulous on the canvas! Hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you left the white where the water meets the sand, great effect! Summer's coming! I like the stamp you used on your card, it really holds its own. The yellow touches are just enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bookmark and card--they are both beautiful. Love the ocean scene and the hammock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun and summery - love them Nancy ;)
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a fun fun tag and cute card...totally love your fun creations...

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful background on your sunshine card. Love your beach scene perfect on a bookmark as a good book on the beach is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bookmark is right on the mark, Nancy! I feel relaxed just looking at it! I love the card - you are doing wonders with canvas! Great background and that sentiment touches my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwww.. Now that is where I wish I was sitting and reading. ha! Great bookmark. Thanks for playing in Flourishes challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!