Saturday, February 4, 2012

Some Valentines and More CHA

{warning: long post....grab a beverage and spend some time with me}

I got up early this morning to do the 90 Minute Scramble with the talented ladies in the Hero Arts Flickr group. Our hostess for the morning's festivities is Marcy and she inspired us with a gorgeous Valentine card. Check out her blog En Papillote Arts, she does some really lovely work.

So the challenge was to use a heart in a way other than just stamped on the card. I looked over the mess on my work desk and saw a tattered left-over piece of Sticky Back canvas and the idea light bulb went on. I decided to die cut a heart from the canvas and add color to it with Gelatos. They just happened to be sitting on the desk too. Did I mention I got a whole set of Gelatos when I took a Faber-Castell sponsored workshop at CHA...you can't beat free when it comes to art supplies! So use them I must.


All the stamps are Hero Arts: CL587 Amour and the background is CG405 Leaf and Floral Background. They are some of the freebies from the 2 Hero Arts workshops I attended with sweet Ivy
You should check out the beautiful cards in the Hero Arts Flickr group, it's amazing what these talented women can in less than 90 minutes!




So now, from elegant to fun and whimsical. This is my Valentine card for my hubby using Lawn Fawn stamps:


This one was made a few weeks ago using whatever I found on my desk (seems to be a recurring theme with me). The stamp set is "Love n Breakfast" and I just love the sentiment. It's perfect too, because my wonderful guy loves to make muffins for breakfast, in fact as I type this I'm scarfing down a cranberry orange muffin that he made.  The Valentine greeting is in the "My Silly Valentine" set from Lawn Fawn.
The background paper is Crate Paper Snow Day (I did mention it was just sitting there waiting to be used, right) and the label is from Odds n Ends by Cosmo Cricket.


The Rest of the Show

CHA 2012 Day Two:


Clockwise from top left:
· Kelly posing with Holly and Susan from Papercrafts Magazine;
· the Lawn Fawn booth was a busy place on Monday, Chari and Ivy presided over the Make n Take table;
· Ivy having some Lawn Fawn fun;
· all the Fawnies at the end of  a busy day, from left- me, Chari, Ivy, Kelly, Mike, Erica, Andy, in front- Laurel and Greg;
· I finally got to meet the ever so sweet Vera Yates, love that girl!.


I got in on the photo op fun with my friend Jennifer.

On to Day Three:
Tuesday was my day to preside over the Make n Take table; I had so much fun and met so many wonderful people. I especially loved showing everyone the wonderful new Lawn Fawn stamp sets!
Here's my friend Jennifer with her card, she came back on Tuesday just so she could make my card.



My Make n Take card used You've Got Mail and Flying By. The papers are the new Lawn Fawn Bright Side papers.



Day 3 was all about reconnecting with friends, meeting others for the first time and the new friendships that began:

Clockwise from top left:
  • Posing with sweet Jennifer McGuire after the amazing Hero Arts workshops
  • Meeting the delightful Julie Ebersole
  • Love this girl; the sweet and talented Chari Moss
  • Kelly and Mike being silly at the end of the day
  • Three wonderful people: Ellen Hutson, Julie Ebersole and Kelly Marie Alvarez
  • Gotta love this sweet girl, Laurel Beard
  • I always love seeing my talented friend Sally Traidman
  • Kelly and Laurel get framed
Day 4:
It was just Kelly, Mike and I on the last day of the show....and it flew by really fast! Before we knew it we were breaking down Lawn Fawn land but there were some highlights along the way. There wasn't much time for taking photos as I was doing double duty with make n takes and helping the visitors to the booth.

Clockwise from top left:
  • What a thrill to have Amy Tan join me to do my Make n Take card! Check out those fabulous washi tapes on the table; keep an eye on Amy's blog, you just may see them there: amy tangerine
  • I finally had a chance to get back to the Hero Arts booth where I met May and got some supplies for a Stamp Fever event.
  • We got all the product and samples packed up
  • Lawn Fawn land is ready to load up.
  • When the show's over the carpet comes up and booths come down pretty quickly. This guy had quite the personality and wasn't afraid to pose.

Thanks for sticking with this long post. I wanted to get the CHA posting finished up today; I hope you enjoyed sharing my adventure with me.


blessings,
nancy



9 comments:

  1. Awesome pics and love your cards!!! I am glad that you had a blast at CHA....I did too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, my friend! So lovely to see all the photos and share in the fun! :o)
    Your cards are beautiful! Well, the first one is beautiful, the second one is just too adorable! I laughed out loud and had to describe it to my husband! He's sure that sentiment is created with him in mind! lol ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a super awesome time you had!! LOVE all of them! I SOOOOOOO wish I were there with you all! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos from CHA Nancy! So great to see everyone! Loving both your cards. That heart looks awesome with the row of pearls across it! And hubby is definitely going to love his V card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pix from CHA make it almost seem like I was there! Thanks for sharing, Nancy! Looks like lots of fun, but it must be exhausting. Your scramble card is a delite - so feminine and pretty. Love that texture! And the stud-muffin is just perfect and so cute. Wish I had a muffin-maker in the house (but my waistline is happy I don't). Take care and thanks for sharing all that you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy....looks like CHA was so much fun. Very full on no doubt. Love your scramble card and what an adorable card for your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! I just love the little stud muffin card, so sweet! I myself seem to be having trouble getting back in the creative groove... tackling my messy desk is priority and I've only about halfway accomplished that. Hopefully this week I can get back on track. Love all your CHA sharing! I had so much fun there with everyone, I look forward to hopefully getting to come back one day! I need to do some CHA sharing of my own, I'm such a bad blogger! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nancy, I love the CHA photos! So excited for Jennifer McGuire's good news! Looks like CHA is the place to meet and greet! Your scramble card is lovely but I like the one for your dh the best! And he makes muffins???

    ReplyDelete
  9. first of all, great cards. I like both but the second one is so cute! and thanks for all the CHA pix...it looks like you had a great time! I am so glad that you had the chance to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!