Saturday, June 25, 2011

Penny Black Cards

When Linda at Stamp Fever asked me to make some samples with some new Penny Black stamps I was a little hesitant. They were totally outside of my tidy little box but I accepted the challenge and I'm so glad I did. I had some real fun working with "Two's Company" and "La Soiree".

It also helped a lot that I finally took a Copic coloring class so I had some new techniques to practice. Jennie Black taught the class and she is wonderful, so knowledgeable and such a kick. You can find her blog HERE. I had a great time and learned enough until the next class.

So here's my first card...

This one uses Two's Company as the main image. The background is Hero Arts Friend Definition (yes it is stamped upside down, I did it on purpose hoping to just add texture) and the sentiment is an Itty-Bitty by Unity Stamp Company/Cosmo Cricket.



This is La Soiree colored and paper pieced using my new favorite paper Out of Print by Basic Grey! The light blue background paper is from my stash and is by My Mind's Eye (part of a Christmas collection).  The Friend Definition makes another background appearance, this time right-side up. I used my new Labels 20 Nestie.

Both of these Penny Black stamps are at Stamp Fever, but they are going fast so hurry and get your own!

~ Colossians 3:16 ~
"Let the words of Christ, in all their richness,
live in your hearts, and make you wise.
Use His words to teach and counsel each other."

blessings,
nancy


7 comments:

  1. You showcased the PB stamps beautifully! Love your cards--your coloring is wonderful, Nancy! I'm off to visit Jennie's blog now. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Nancy!I am impressed with your PB cards! They are GORGEOUS and look like so much fun to play! The coloring and shading are just the right touch! I hope you continue to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome Nancy. I adore your La Soiree card. Very pretty. You've done yourself proud with these two

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, playful cards Nancy - you are exploring with your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nancy! These are just FABULOUS!! Those images are so fun! They both remind me of one of my daughters! lol Your coloring is wonderful! Thanks for your TFD! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of the box is good! Love what you did with these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant and stylish. Lovely cards both of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!