Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hydrangea Collage Card and Missing You

I miss the days when I could spend all day in my "soft clothes" making cards and visiting all my favorite blogs. I miss all of you who visit and leave such sweet and encouraging comments. I still pop in from time to time and leave a comment here and there but it's just not the same. I haven't played in a challenge in so long I may forget how. I'm hoping that I will have more time for the activities I love really soon.

Here's a collage-style card I made a while back and never posted:



I used my favorite Hero Arts Hydrangea stamp and combined it with Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden paper and stamps. I used Copic Markers and colored pencils to color the images. The sentiment is by Lawn Fawn.
Frosted Lace Stickles adds the sparkle and I added a bit of Tim Holtz tissue tape to the bottom just because.
I'll be sending this off to a special friend who loves vintage style cards.


~ Psalm 128:1-4 ~
How joyful are those who fear the Lord-
all who follow His ways!
You will enjoy the fruit of your labor.
How joyful and prosperous you will be!
Your wife will be like a fruitful grapevine,
flourishing within your home.
Your children will be like vigorous young olive trees
as they sit around your table.
That is the Lord's blessing for those who fear Him.

The phrase "fear the Lord" means to hold Him in high esteem, to show reverence and devotion to Him.
I think the fear of the Lord means being careful to live in such a way that I will bring honor to Him. 

blessings,
nancy

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy! I hope you know how missed you are too! It's just not the same around blogland and the Hero pool without you. I know you've been busy with the new job(s). Hope you're enjoying them too! This card is so pretty! Love all the layers and soft colors! The bit of Stickles is the perfect touch! Take care of yourself and know that I think about you lots and am sending hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, missing you too! I was wondering about you but now I know whats keeping you busy.
    I feel drawn to this card - it's the style you have which I love and you do so beautifully!
    Thinking of you! Warm blessings!
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Nancy... I do miss seeing all your goodies but I know that you are enjoying your new jobs ~ and I know that I will see your Lily Pad cards....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy, so lovely seeing your cards again:-) Love the vintage look you achieved here.. awesome!
    P.S: the glitter looks so pretty on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this collage, so soft and luxurious, such wonderful layering of your elements!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant! Love the soft dreamy feel to the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!