Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm Back!

Rested, refreshed, relaxed with a suitcase full of dirty laundry and lots of pictures to share! The hubster and I joined several members of his family and family friends on a cruise to Mexico this last week. We had the most glorious weather...high 70s and not a cloud in the sky all week. We were on the Sapphire Princess that made stops in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas.


This first photo clearly illustrates how I spent the majority of my time.....

I would stake out a perfect spot to read and doze....what could be better?  The rest of the time I was busy eating...lol!! I was literally waddling off the ship on Saturday. And this in spite of power walking around the deck about 2 miles every day. Buffets are dangerous places. Delicious but dangerous.



We're off to do some shopping in Puerto Vallarta on Tuesday with all the rest of the tourists.


We got a kick out this sign....I can understand banning drugs, weapons and such but what's so dangerous about a cute little Corgi? 



Here I am with from left, my nieces Amanda and Brittany and Al's sisters Marji and Carol.

Funny story....our first stop once we disembarked in Puerto Vallarta was the WalMart directly across the street from the dock. My father in law left his suitcase at home (not sure how that happened) so we all went shopping to get him some spiffy clothes for rest of the trip. How many people do you know who travel all that way just to shop at WalMart? Just one of our fun adventures in family living.


Monday all the women in our group attended the fancy afternoon tea (we fit it in between the lunch buffet and the four-course evening meal.....we obviously weren't getting enough food so we needed another occasion to eat!)  Seated at the table on the left is my wonderful mother in law, Beverly.

I'll have more photos to share with you tomorrow, I hope you'll come back.


~ Titus 2:11-14 ~
"For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. 
And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. 
We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, 
while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day 
when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. 
He gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, 
and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds."
blessings,
nancy

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a WONDERFUL time, Nancy!!! It's freezing cold here... wish I'd been with you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that blue sky and sunny weather - how lovely to just put your feet up!! So happy you had a change of scene. They say that a change is as good as a rest, and I hope you got both! Nice to build on the family relations too. Happy to have you back because you were missed!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had an amazing time!! I can't wait to see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're back, Nancy! Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos. Love seeing them! Looks like you had fab weather and such fun with family. I'll definitely be back to see more tomorrow. Welcome home, my friend! Missed you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed you, Nancy! So glad to see that you were haveing a wonderful time with family! Looking forward to more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home, Nancy! Yay for you and your wonderful vacation! Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures! My favorite is the one of your feet...they look very HAPPY! lol...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home Nancy.... I am so glad you got this wonderful restful time... looks fabulous. Love the happy feet too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I'm pretending to be on a cruise ship basking in the sun right now, but I don't think it's the same ;- ) Your family looks great. Here in the midwest - cold and snow. Thanks for giving me a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back, Nancy! Looks like it was such a fun and restful trip you all had! I love the photos that you shared... so funny about the bans and Wal-mart!! Life sure is full of adventures. I had been to 5 cruises and never set foot or saw a Wal-mart right off the ship(LOL)!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Nancy:-) So glad to have you back! looks like you had a great time... Love the pic of your feet over the edge overlooking the great blue ocean:-) looks like such a relaxing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pictures again... Love seeing the fun you had with family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!