Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Little Bit of Inky Vintage-ness

Yesterday, my dear friend and sister in Christ, Jacqueline challenged me to make something in a vintage style. I figured that would be a good idea and took the challenge. (btw~Jacqueline has been encouraging and challenging me in my Christian walk for over 2 years). I wanted to make something that wasn't just vintage but would also fit with the Hero Arts challenge for this month using inking techniques. So I assembled all the usual suspects....Webster's Pages paper, paper from a vintage French book, Hero Arts Artprint Flowers, my favorite stamps, Distress inks and Alcohol inks. I included some die-cut leaves from Barbara and Cheryl (they were so nice to make them for me at the Craft and Chat at Stamp Fever on Saturday, thanks ladies!). And here's the result....
The leaves have been inked with Alcohol inks in Butterscotch, Lemonade and Peach Bellini along with Pearl and Copper Mixatives. The flowers have been inked with just the Copper Mixatives.
The vintage book page was first clear embossed using the Fabulous Flourish stamp then inked with Black Soot Distress Ink. The paper was so brittle that it cracked and tore in really fun and interesting ways. A panel of Webster's pages paper was stamped with Old Letter in Weathered Wood Distress ink and the stitching from Sew Artsy in Frayed Burlap Distress ink. To finish I added an old French postage sticker, a piece of black and cream ribbon and some pearls.
So how did I do, Jacqueline? I certainly had a wealth of inspiration from your lovely library of vintage cards and collages.

Grace and Peace to you in abundance,
nancy

12 comments:

  1. To start with - you came up with an outrageously beautiful vintage creation!! I do love those leaves against the gorgeous script background!
    And the verse you shared - read it this morning in 'Light for every day' (believe you read that too, the last verse on the page) - so I am blessed all round by your blog post today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Nancy! Now, teach me how to do this! :) And that scripture means so much to me, also; it is the motto of Northwestern University, the alma mater of our youngest son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I am so impressed with this card! I can see all the love that went into creating it! Wonderful inky goodness and amazing effects from the techniques! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely outcome, I liked how you said, 'rounding up the usual suspects'..lol...you quack me up! I really adore the die-cute leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Nancy! Love the vintage look of this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful vintage look! You have done admirably.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful vintage card! I think you have got this style down too! Love the layering of the leaves, script and elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - you captured the vintage collage down pat Nancy. Just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful collage and so love the vintage look! gorgeous card, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely collage card, Nancy!
    And I absolutely love the gorgeous photo and elegant script paired with that lovely scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you put everything together so nicely! wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!