Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's a Lawn Fawn birthday card for my sweet niece!...and a fun day in Laguna Beach

Here's a card I made for my sweet niece Ashley! Her birthday was last Thursday and her 2 aunts took her and her friend, Katie to spend the day in Laguna Beach.
I love this Lawn Fawn set "Bake Me a Cake":
The photo doesn't capture the sparkle from the gems on each layer very well or the Stickles on the candle flames, but it's there blinging all over the place. Really!
So here's some photo proof of our fun day, just the girls!

Here's Ashley (in white) and her friend Katie at our table at the Hotel Laguna, overlooking the ocean.

After lunch we wandered around the shops, I bought a hat at a fun little hat shop.....

Here's me in my hat, my sister, Donna and sweet Ashley (could someone please tell me why I look like the older sister?)
I snapped a shot of Donna, on the phone with her office....

Ashley and Katie doing their very best Vanna White impression....

And we finished off the adventure with these tasty little butterfly shaped chocolates....

My sister and I are so opposite of each other...she's a business woman, I am anything but. She has the fashionable wardrobe stuffed into her large walk in closet, give me a couple T-shirts and a pair of jeans and I'm good to go. She loves adventure (she's planning a trip to Vietnam), I love to stay home....you get the gist. Well, we were looking at some gorgeous jewelry in a shop and each fabulous piece had been given a fun and descriptive name. Donna and I were standing next to each other admiring different necklaces that were side by side in the display case. We had a really good laugh when we realized the one she really liked was called "Warrior Princess" and the one I was admiring was given the name "Hush". That's us in a nutshell.

Oh and she took one of the fabulous necklace and earring sets home with her.....
I left Hush in the store....just didn't go with my jeans!


Thought for the Day: I love Psalm 25! I'll share a couple verses in each post:
O Lord, I give my life to You, I trust in You, my God!
Do not let me be disgraced, or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat.
No one who trusts in You will ever be disgraced, but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others.

May the blessings of God be yours in abundance,
nancy

19 comments:

  1. Oh... What a FUN post, Nancy! So wonderful to know that you and your sisters are not alone! My siter and I are JUST like you and your sister!! (You and I are the SAME kind of people!). I would go to her closet and pick up a few unwanted items and I'm HAPPY! It's so great to travel through your super special fun day!TFS!!Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post today Nancy. Your card for Ashley is so pretty - I bet she loved it. What a fun way to spend the day as well. I wish I had a sister ( only one brother) to share things like this... even if you are opposites - you make up a family!!!! Blessing to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so fun to read, Nancy! I know....I should be in bed! I'm going, I'm going!

    Love this post! Laughed all the way through! You sound a lot like me! I love to be home and I would wear jeans and a t-shirt everywhere, if I could get away with it! The card you gave to your niece is so cute! Love the pink on the kraft! I also love your new hat! So fun! I'll say goodnight now! zzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post, Nancy! First of all, your card for Ashley is super sweet! I have those LF stamps and haven't inked them up yet--thanks for the inspo! And thanks for sharing a fun day of sisterly fun! Love that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post! Beautiful card and 4 beautiful ladies too. :) Looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling post today, my friend! Loved hearing about your family......it is amazing, isn't it, how different we can be! But aren't we lucky to have sisters? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun Nancy to read a sweet piece of your family time, so nice of you to let us walk an afternoon in your life. Such a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, so relaxing!! auuhhh I'm for holidayssss...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card, and I love all the pink goodness going on with your tall cake image! Great photos of you and your family!! My sis and I are similar yet very different as well! I was the business person in the early years and she stayed home with her young daughter...then after her daughter graduated college, she went back to work after 19 yrs......that's when I had C and then I became a mom and stayed home....reverse lives! We do both like the same clothing stores though..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your post today Nancy and I really love the card you created - so special!!
    I am opposite to my sister too - more the stay at home type. She has clothes sense, I don't, she is small, I am tall etc etc.
    Nice pics all round! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nancy! I love this post! Your card is simply adorable and the pictures were fun to see. I love the story about you and your sister. I have 3 sisters and in some ways we are very similar and in others we are all very different. Funny how that works when we all came from the same 2 people. :) Anyway, looks like you had a wonderful time with your family! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy, I forgot to say, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog about the HA tweet! :) You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nancy, thanks for sharing these photographs of your day out with your sister and family, you can see it was fun shopping, glad you had a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fun to read about your day! You have such a lovely family! Glad you got to spend some time together! And that hat shop looks totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. me & my older sis can not be any more the opposite!
    thanks for sharing your day! fun pics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great post Nan! Love the card and I can just see all the glittery goodness .....loved all the pics and you look so fab in your hat. Fun to hear about you and your sissy. I love the way you take the time to share your life. Sending hugs your way,Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is so lovely, Nancy! your card for Ashley is so cute! love the beautiful cake! thanks for sharing all the wonderful photos of your day out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful pictures of you and the girls! What fun you all had. The butterflies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great pictures and a great blog. became a follower.
    www.scraphappenswithRhonda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!