Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tag Tuesday ~ Sketch Challenge

I have been enjoying some sketch challenges lately so I was happy to see that Louise had a fun tag sketch for us this week in the Tag Tuesday Challenge. Check out the Kard Krazy blog to see the original sketch and Louise's lovely card.
I thought it would be fun to play with a glamorous theme and the Hero Arts Small Chandelier was the perfect focal image. I dressed it up with some gold and silver Stickles. I die cut the vellum panel, stamped Old Letter Writing in Hero Hues chalk ink in Snow then distressed the back side with Black Soot Distress Ink. The chandelier was over stamped on the front. (The vellum panel is attached to the tag with matte gel medium- I covered the whole piece with the gel which dries clear). I used some Hero Arts Digital Images and layered everything on a Webster's Pages patterned paper.
Thought for the Day: 1 Peter 1:6-9 ~ "So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold-though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. You love Him even though you have never seen Him. Though you do not see Him now, you trust Him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. The reward for trusting Him will be the salvation of your souls."

Today is my son Ben's 23rd birthday. He was in Iraq last year on his birthday and I am so grateful that he made it home and that we can celebrate this day with him. My heart goes out to all the military moms whose children are still in harm's way and especially to those Gold Star moms who have lost their dear children.

blessings,
nancy

24 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely tag Nancy, I love glittery things and the addition of the stickles really makes the chandelier pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a yummy tag, Nancy! Love that chandelier! Here's wishing Ben a very Happy Birthday! Seize the cupcake, Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag, Nancy! I love the glamorous touches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big Happy Birthday to Ben!!! Aww....ok, now that is a nice age Nancy, hope you guys had a good celebration! I know you are so thrilled to have him here! I love that chandelier against the dark vellum like that, intriguing and definitely elegant and I love the birdcage in its subtlety in the corner, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the background pp for this and love how you added the vellum piece! gorgeous collage tag, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty - love the glam!
    I know you'll have an awesome time with your son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is "Simply Fabulous" . Love your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Nan this tag is stunning.Love all the tiny details in the background...I spy the birdcage too. The chandelier really lights up and reflects your beautiful personality. You comments on my blog just light me up!!! I hope you Easter was filled with joy. Many many hugs,Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic bling! Your tag is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply fabulous indeed! Love the way you used the vellum, the wonderful bling on the chandelier, everything is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this tag, Nancy! The many wonderful details make it simply fabulous! (Just like the tag says!) A very happy birthday to Ben! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your super tag, Nancy! Beautiful collage! And Happy Birthday to Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy - this is an amazing collage. Love the bird in the cage and the chandelier is just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that chandelier is totally fabulous, love what you did with that!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous tag, Nancy!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful tag! Love the sparkly chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope Ben has a great birthday! Your tag is incredible- I am really lovin' the glamorous theme- so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I'm so late with commenting - I took a peak this morning and.... but I love your collage look here, especially the birdcage, just attracts me!
    Have a wonderful day together with your son!
    Blessings dear friend!
    Jacqueline x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous! Love the chandelier, it looks great on this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous! So glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Nancy, what an amazing tag! Still doing fabulous work I see!! Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog - most appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful tag! Love the birdcage in the corner it was a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simply fabulous it is!! Love that glitz on the chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this tag! The chandelier is fabulous and the caged bird is great! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!