Monday, January 4, 2010

Birthday Card Made with Scraps

If Jacqueline and her lovely Scrap Basket weren't incentive enough, there is a challenge at {capture the moment} to creatively use scraps in a project....and if there's one never-ending supply I have, it's scraps. See photo below.....


So why not  put the scraps to good use? I needed a birthday card for my BIL who is a hard working Firefighter. Here is his card in process...


Note my new Tonic scissors...I can't recommend these enough! I've struggled with osteoarthritis in my fingers and hands for more than 20 years and these scissors have revolutionized my crafting life! Thank you Tim Holtz for designing this wonderful tool. A special thank you to Linda at Stamp Fever (my favorite Local Stamp Store) for stocking these fabulous Tonic scissors!!
And now for the finished project:


I just love the "On My Couch" set from PTI. I tried to make the chair with the sentiment look like a well-worn leather chair....perfect for relaxing.
In addition to the PTI stamps I also used:
Hero Arts stamps- CL139 Birthday Messages and S5101 Raindrop Background (on the kraft chair)
Scrap cardstock and patterned papers (some pre-stamped)
Scrap jute

Thought for the Day: Sharing some verses to claim when searching the Scriptures-
Psalm 119:18 "Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your Law."
Luke 24:45 "And He (Jesus) opened their understanding that they might comprehend the Scriptures"
John 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My Name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you."
It is so great to know that we don't have to struggle to understand God's Word- He's provided all the help we need. I'm praying you will find just what you need today!
God Bless You,
Nancy

18 comments:

  1. Very handsome card, and how perfect for a guy and your BIL!! He will love it! I love how fun it is that you can use pp to really enhance the look of the sofa chairs! Clean and so neat! I just can't get enough of your scrap stash, Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I love this combination of colors - so warming and cozy! I know your BIL will appreciate this! And look how many scraps you used with just this one card! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! What a great design! Perfect for a male. :) Now if you only had matching tv remotes. hee hee...
    Perfect use for scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy - this one is wonderful. Such a great male card...and appropriate for a hard working fireman!!!! All those different coloured chairs are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, these chairs are ADORABLE. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card, Nancy! Love the idea of using up scraps! Great design and colors!!

    Happy New year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your choice of colors and pattern paper! Can I say that you also have the loveliest scraps besides Jacqueline!!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just perfect!! Love everything about your card!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the papers you used for the chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the card and the comfy leather chair! Time to relax is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post Nancy! Love the photos and how you used your scraps is perfect for a masculine card! Yes, God gives what we NEED, not always what we think we need!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your card with scraps! YOU are on a roll! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those couches look so comfy!!! I'd like to sit and relax! Great take on "scrapping those scraps" theme! ;-) Thanks for recommending the scissors, I'll have to check these out! And last but not least, thank you for stopping by my blog and for your nice comment! I'm looking forward to your visits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice birthday card, Nancy, with those comfy chairs! It's beautiful. And I am enjoying your Thought for the Day you have at the end of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holly Molly Nan....what an inspiration I find here especially today...this card is so prefect for a male and LOVE love how you stamped it in so many fabrics...awesome! and wow you have some scraps!!!!! You always put a huge smile on my face when you leave your comments...sorry I am not as regular as you. I do think the world of you! Happy New Year! Hugs,Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!