Friday, November 20, 2009

Vintage Hero Arts Stamp

The multi-talented and oh so sweet Lucy Abrams has started a new challenge on her delightful blog and since I am such a fan of hers, I was very interested in joining in on the fun. Her Challenge #1 is a Color Challenge, these colors were so far outside my comfort zone that I just had to go for it. I am also a traditional Christmas color person too, so to make a Christmas card with Light Pink, Aqua and Kraft was a really fun way to challenge myself.  This is my submission for Lucy's Cards-Challenge 1 Colour.


That color scheme made me think of 1980s colors and the sweet country style so popular then. I've been wanting to use the precious old Hero Arts Country Christmas Tree stamp again so the plan was hatched.
I stamped the image on Kraft cs, and Light Pink and Aqua patterned papers and also on white cs. After about an hour of cutting, gluing assembling and reassembling (you know you do it too) this was the result. You know I rarely use cute animals on my cards so adding the cat was a big deal; she just sort of goes though doesn't she? I have to say I think I really like this.
Stamps and Supplies Used: Hero Arts Stamps-Country Christmas Tree H111; Dot Pattern E2097 from the Textures and Patterns Poetic Prints set LL635; Clear Design set Decorate Your Own CL366.
Cornish Heritage Farms Christmas Expressions ML-7008FUM. Martha Stewart punch; Cream colored embroidery floss; Ranger Frosted Lace Stickles; patterned paper Aqua-K&Co. Que Sera Sera collection, pink-unknown.

 Thought for the Day: Dealing with fears that seem to be mounting in spite of my best efforts, I am strengthened by God's Word found here:
Micah 7:8 When I sit in darkness; the Lord will be a light to me
Psalms 56:3-4 Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can mere mortals do to me?
Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my Light and my Salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 

Have a wonderful day!
Nancy

 



12 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy I love how you fixed up your blog, and your card is very unique, I also usually only go with traditional Christmas colors those colors would be quite a challenge for me.
    Also Thanks for the verses. 8 )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this card Nancy, it's adorable and the colors are so delicate, which makes it perfect as a holiday card as well, that tree is too perfect and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and adorable! Love the little tree and how you pieced in the different colors on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are rocking in this challenge, Nancy! What a SWEET CARD!! Love all the details and colors!! FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen that sweet stamp from HA before - uhhh I like it!!!!
    I think we have a winner here Nancy - so beautiful!!!
    Hugs Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this card is just perfect! I love how you used the colors and your vintage stamp is a classic! Thank you for the thought of the day--great verses-- I needed to read those today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has a cozy, country atmosphere to it and it looks beautiful in those colors! Ps.27:1 is such a powerful verse - such a comfort in many situations in life! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card, the colours are really great !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so perfect in every way, Nacy! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely wonderful card Nancy! Love the soft, pretty colours and design, and your Christmas tree is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fab! Love everything about this card!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this wonderful card. The cat is indeed perfect on this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!