Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tag Tuesday-Shabby Chic

Tag Tuesday~Shabby Chic

When I think of Shabby Chic, I think of crackled paint and faded flowers and a feminine style. So for the Tag Tuesday challenge I painted a tag with cocoa colored paint, used a crackle product then painted on a creamy acrylic paint. I stamped the flowers stem from the Hero Arts Artistic Borders clear set and added a plethora of Hero Arts paper flowers with gem centers.

Thought for the day: The text on the tag is from a favorite Bible passage in Proverbs 31 which reads; "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
This seems to have more meaning for me the older I get...with each day I'm becoming more "shabby chic"!

Have a blessed day

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is really pretty.
    Fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shabby effect of your torn paper -- and I love the verse. Wonderful tag, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag! Love the verse and I totally feel the shabby chic remark. Only I think more of the shabby applies.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! You did a fab job creating a shabby chic tag! Love it!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!