Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Beginnings, New Adventures

It's taken me a week to process the fact that I've joined the ranks of the unemployed. The architect I've worked for has been seeing fewer and fewer new jobs over the last year and has had to cut the staff back to nothing. Those who are left have had to take yet another pay cut. That's the bad news....the good news is that I'm off to new adventures, following the path that God will guide me on. I'm trusting Him so I have no fear.

On a happier note, one of my former co-workers just became a dad for the first time so I made a little card for everyone to sign for him.

little blessings

Thought for the day: My favorite verse Psalm 16:11 has even more meaning to me when I am faced with uncertainty. I find a lot of comfort in knowing that the path is laid out before me and it leads to joy in His presence!

"You have made known to me the path of life:
You will fill me with joy in Your presence,
with eternal pleasures at Your right hand."
Amen!

3 comments:

  1. That card is just so adorable. Love the colors and the patterns you used. Prayers that you will see your path soon! I am always so afraid of uncertainty and this is a good lesson for me to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful keepsake for your friends! Love the verse you quoted, how wonderful to have a refuge in GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy - thank you for stopping by my humble little blog today and leaving such a sweet note. We all need a little pick me up when we are dealt a hand we were not quite prepared for. I wish you the best in your new adventure and commend you for seeing the positive in such an unsettling situation. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!