Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I made a tag...so it must be Tuesday!

Just a quick post for Tag Tuesday. This is my 4th week with this fun challenge, I think I'm already hooked on these little snippets of art.
Louise at Kard Krazy is on a cruise with Tim Holtz and some other multi-talented people so Nancy at Sugar Lump Studios is hosting the challenge this week. The theme is pink and brown, a favorite combo of mine.
Tag Tuesday-Brown and Pink
I used the Hero Arts Antique Brocade cling stamp to stamp on tissue paper in Vintage Photo distress ink. I attached the tissue paper to the tag with gel medium and then used more Vintage Photo and Worn Lipstick to deepen the color and distress it some. I found the fun photo on The Graphics Fairy, a site with free clipart and added some Worn Lipstick to add some color. I stamped the text with Hero Arts Fanciful Swirl clear set alpha stamps.

Thought for the day: As I am starting my search for a new job I am reminded of the importance of prayer. The last time I looked for a job I sent out 1 resume, with a quick prayer for God's guidance and got the job after 1 day. I've already emailed 10 resumes this time around with no response. I have faith that God is still working, that prayer will make a difference and that God will guide me to the perfect job in His time.
Proverbs 16:3 Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.

12 comments:

  1. Your tag is wonderful. Wonderful background and cute images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag Nan...the background is amazing!! Hugs,Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tag, Nancy! Lovely background, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, I love when challenges tell me what day it is! A new HA challenge - oh, it`s Monday! Your tag is lovely!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag! Still adding my prayers to yours on your job search! Love that background stamp and how you have used it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty tag Nancy with the antique brocade cling! Keep us updated on your job situation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd would say you are hooked on these tags too! So am I. very pretty. I hope your dream job comes your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy
    love your tag...the background is fantastic and what a sweet image you selected. thank you so much for playing! :) Happy Friday to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable! love that background, and the twine just sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your words of encouragment through your daily thought is very heartfelt. Something we all need to remember about every situation we find our self in.

    btw -- u r where God wants u for the time being. 10 resumes or 100 resumes .. in His time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nancy,
    What a darling tag!!! The beautiful background you used is perfect with that image. That is actually one of my favorite images on my site, I keep thinking I need to repost it at some point because it's buried so deep on my blog. I'm glad you were able to dig it out and use it!! Thanks so much for playing along today for "Brag Monday", I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag Nancy, love the image you used too, I found you through The Graphics Fairy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!