Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hero Arts ATC Swap

I'm participating in Hero Arts first ATC Swap. I just love the concept of little pieces of art to share, so I'm pretty excited.

Perfect Pearls detail
For some reason I agonized over these little ATCs for weeks, trying to come up with the perfect design. I'm finally happy with this...after at least 10 rejected designs. I did get to play a lot with Perfect Pearls so I'm getting better with this versatile product. I used a fun little text stamp about friends for the theme of Friendship.

Here are the nine ATCs, lined up and ready to be put into an envelope for mailing.
Ready to mail HA ATC Swap

Supplies and tools-
140 lb watercolor paper (I made labels for the back with the pertinent info in Publisher and printed them out)
Black cs
Hero Arts Stamps: Old Letter Writing
Artistic Borders (flower)
Additional Stamp: Friend text Kelly Panacci clear set for Sandylion
Perfect Pearls by Ranger: Sunflower Sparkle, Forever Green, Perfect Pearl (white)
Ranger Perfect Medium
Ranger Distress Inks: Black Soot and Peeled Paint
Hero Arts Crystal Gemstones
Spellbinders Nestabilities Large Deckled Rectangles
Cuttlebug

Thought for the Day: I'm always so comforted in knowing that God knows exactly what I need and He reminds me when I need it most. For the last 10 years I have used a devotional called "Daily Light for Every Day". It's a little leather bound 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch book. It was first published in 1794 by Samuel Bagster as a daily devotional for his family. My version was edited by Anne Graham Lotz (Billy Graham's daughter) and published in 1998 by J. Countryman.
Daily Light
There are readings for every day of the year, morning and evening, but unlike most devotionals, there is just scripture verses grouped by theme. No commentary, nothing but scripture. As I mentioned I've used this for 10 years so I've reread it many times and the wonder is that each time there is something new that I see, or there is some need that is met by each day's reading.
Lamentations 3:22-23
The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is His faithfulness;
His mercies begin afresh each morning.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE your ATCs, Nancy! They are truly little works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ATC's so adorable! I didn't take a picture of mine before they were sent off...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable ATCs! Everyone who will be lucky enough to receive one will be thrilled!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. every morning a new mercy.... that's a good thing. love, Nan1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!